BOOK CLUB ITALIANO
Joining a book club is fun – and if it’s all in Italian, even better!
There are many good reasons to join a book club: you discover new books that you might have overlooked; it gives you a reason to find time to read before the next meeting (even with a busy schedule); you can have respectful debates about something other than politics; you can read exciting fiction that deals with social issues; hearing other readers’ ideas might get you to re-think yours.
Teachers of Italian have also participated and one happy teacher said: “The hours attending Book Club Italiano help boost the required hours of continual professional development I need to complete annually.”
PAST BOOK CLUBS:
- March 2022. Lessico Famigliare by Natalia Ginzburg
- August 2021. L’Appello (The Roll Call) by Alessandro D’Avenia.
- February 2021. Cristo si è fermato ad Eboli by Carlo Levi.
- August 2020. La Mennulara by Simonetta Agnello Hornby.
- May 2020 (via Zoom). Testimone Inconsapevole by Gianrico Carofiglio.
- February 2020. La relazione by Andrea Camilleri.
- May 2019 (via Zoom). A ciascuno il suo by Leonardo Sciascia.
- February 2019. Scontro di Civiltả per un ascensore in Piazza Vittorio by Amara Lakhous.
The Italian Book Club was a thoroughly enjoyable and intellectually stimulating experience.
James M – Book Club Italiano Term 1, 2021
Join our Book club
The next Book Club Italiano is on three fortnightly Saturday sessions in July/August on the following dates: 23/7, 6/8, 20/8. Enjoy the beauty of Italian literature in a relaxed and informal environment. Striking Short Stories by Italian Authors. Highly recommended for proficient Italian speakers. Enrolment due date: Friday 8 July 2022.
Short stories will be supplied upon completion of your enrolment.